Skip to content

At least my Table of Contents is OK

January 26, 2008

This past Wednesday my gut started hurting. Not too bad, but enough to worry me. I thought it was a virus that had been going around, so I declined Denise’s offer to look up my symptoms on Web MD. About midnight I woke up and it was really hurting and the word “appendicitis” popped into my head – which is really weird, because I wasn’t really sure what appendicitis was. So I got up and typed “appendicitis” on Web MD and it gave me a list of symptoms – all of which applied to me. By the time my parents came over to keep the girls and Denise had got me to the hospital I was in a lot of pain. They gave me some morphine and set up surgery for that day – which really wasn’t that bad. The worst part was having to spend the night in the hospital – very uncomfortable! They filled me up with so much fluid that I had to pee like every two hours – and I refused to use the little bottle they gave me – so Denise had to help me out of bed throughout the night. The surgery went well, and the recovery time is pretty quick – about a week or so. The worst was yet to come, though.

Today (Saturday) I woke up about 7:30 after a good night’s sleep anticipating a nice day of being lazy and watching t.v. (Believe me, I plan on taking full advantage of my ailment). So I hobbled outta bed, brushed my teeth, popped two painkillers in my mouth, and sat down to check my e-mail before breakfast. Thus began the worst 5 hours of my life. My prescription said that food was not required with my medication and I had not come close to exceeding the dosage, but for some reason I overdosed – at least that’s what the doctor said. I’ve never experienced that before. My temperature dropped below 95, I had massive chills and sweating at the same time, vomiting, and extreme dizziness. But when I closed my eyes I had these horrible and crazy hallucinations! It was miserable! I used to get migraines really bad, but I could always turn all the lights out and sleep it off… not this time. I just had to hold on until it wore off. Denise called the doctor and prescribed a weaker painkiller, plus a pill that prevents nausea. We finally got it a few hours later and it helped a bit. Once I finally recovered, I refused to take even the weaker painkiller… Denise finally talked me into it a little while ago – thankfully nothing happened!

So, how was your week?

8 Comments leave one →
  1. katlea611 permalink
    January 26, 2008 10:51 pm

    hello! just dropping by and checking out your site… =D

    take care!

  2. January 27, 2008 3:02 pm

    Sorry to hear that, bro. Hang in there!

  3. January 27, 2008 8:43 pm

    Wow – that’s crazy!! So, Scott and I were just wondering – what exactly causes appendicitis? I mean, is it just totally random that it happens, or does something cause it? We really have no idea what it is exactly either, but we hear about people having it all the time. Glad that you are starting to feel better.

  4. jeremy sexton permalink
    January 28, 2008 3:01 am

    suck it up, sissy.

  5. Melissa Hale permalink
    January 29, 2008 8:27 pm

    Honestly, man. What a hassle you turned out to be. Sheesh!

  6. January 30, 2008 12:00 am

    EGADS! That sounds quite awful. But I’m with Jeremy on this one.

    Just kidding. Jeremy is really a heartless monster. I can’t believe you haven’t blocked him yet.

  7. February 12, 2008 3:44 pm

    Dude, welcome to my teenage years.

  8. February 12, 2008 6:01 pm

    Yeah, at one point I distinctly remember thinking “why on earth would anyone do this on purpose?”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: